- Are you concerned about the high level of taxation in Connecticut?
- Do you wonder how to deal with current regulations?
- Are you concerned about how to replace your skilled workforce as they leave the workplace?
Why Join SMA
what can an SMA membership do for you?
Top Ten Reasons to Join the SMA:
- Great opportunity to connect with other owners of manufacturing companies
- Hear from industry leaders as to government funding and subsidy opportunities
- Have your voice heard by our legislators in Hartford
- Connect with Legal, Banking, and Accounting members who specialize in working with manufacturers
- Opportunity to groom and grow the future leaders of your company
- Attend a really fun golf outing that sells out every year
- Monthly meetings that will address timely issues impacting manufacturing
- Make new connections with suppliers and customers
- Find out how best to attract the talent you need and grow your workforce
And the number 1 reason you should join is ….
The SMA is like a great big family, eager to offer new members a seat at our table.
SMA on legislative issues
SMA Board Members meet with our State Legislatures to inform them of manufacturer’s concerns regarding legislation that can hurt or help manufacturing. We also obtain input from our members so we can best understand how to approach the Legislature and let them know our members do care what happens in Hartford. The SMA has a collaborative venture for legislative purposes with New Haven Manufacturers Association, NESMA, and METAL. The services of DNB Government Relations of Milford are used for lobbying efforts.
SMA supports workforce development
Let’s face it, regardless of the economy, the search for skilled employees is a challenge. The SMA supports educational efforts at the Advanced Manufacturing Center at Naugatuck Valley Community College which trains people in CNC equipment, lean manufacturing, and welding. We work with W.F. Kaynor, Wilcox, and Oliver Wolcott Technical Schools on various projects, as well as Waterbury Career Academy. The SMA recognizes a talented “Student of the Month” from each school at our monthly meetings.
SMA offers valuable programing
Meeting other business owners like yourself is a great way to learn what others are doing to expand their business or provide services to your company. Getting to know people will build the trust needed to expand your business relationships. Our programs offer you and your staff insight into marketing, government regulations, lean manufacturing, and leadership.
For additional information contact Nancy Traver, SMA Membership Chair at 203.592.6442 or via email at email@example.com.